What is Team One Sick Dream?
Team One Sick Dream consists of helpfull people who like a challenge. They participate in events to raise money for charity.
In the past, before One Sick Dream existed, I had the pleasure of being able to participate in a few events myself, being:
- 2x Zes Zes to raise money for KWF, an annual cycling event which primary goal is to unite people in health. The event consists of cycling rounds of 60 kilometer to a maximum of 6. If you are able to cycle all 360 kilometers you will become a local sportshero. By taking on this challenge together, money for KWF can be raised.
- Arena MoveS for the MoveS foundation. MoveS wants to inspire people to start moving and stand up for Multiple Sclerosis. The Event takes place in the Amsterdam Arena and consists of walking the steps of the Arena on the 2nd ring. Up to a maximum of 5000. The money that is raised is used to make a difference as well as to speed up the proces of finding a solution to defeat MS.
- Mudrun at v.v. Alem to raise money for KWF. At this mudrun we were part of the organising and executing team as well. Due to my cousin, who had lost his life to cancer (read about that here). Inspired by him and his way of life we decided to connect the Mudrun to KWF and raise money for them. It was a huge succes and maybe we will do another one in the near future.
In short, helping others by using my body in sporting events for them who struggle in doing so themselves is something that fits me. Having this idea in the back of my mind, made me look for a new challenge. Together with a colleague I have found this new challenge.
Team One Sick Dream’s first challenge
Together we will participate, as team One Sick Dream, in the Coast to Coast run in Scotland. This will be the first time that Team One Sick Dream participates in an event, but it will surely not be the last time. As you might know already, we are very compassionate towards people who are less fortunate, healthwise, and we would like to support them in any way we can.
Our own foundation is not yet a fact but we will most certainly make it happen in the near future. So make sure to keep following us if you feel connected to us or to what we do.
On this page we will, on a regular basis, post some updates of our preparations for the Coast to Coast Run and our physical progress. We will also try to post some vlogs on our YouTube channel. The possible profits made through this channel will also be added to our total donation.
The goal of Team One Sick Dream
Our goal is of course to finish the run, but above that to raise a nice amount of money to donate to our charity goal. The entrance fee for the run was just over £ 250, but the organisation has declared that if a contestant donates £ 750, they will then give back the entrance fee.
This has made us decide to aim for raising at least £ 750 each and then add our entrance fee on top of that, so that we will donate a total of £ 1000 per person to Children with Cancer UK.
Would you like to follow us? Keep tracking our website and leave a comment or tip once in a while. We like reading them and it helps us motivate even more. If you would like to make a donation, this is also an option of course. There are 3 ways to do so:
- Through our Virgin Money Giving page we created especially for this event.
- Come and meet us live and hand us your donation in person.
- By clicking the button “Make a Donation” at the bottom of this page. U can then donate us via PayPal and we will make sure the money goes to Children with Cancer UK.